Soya chunks – 1 cup (meal maker)
Shallots – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 medium size
Coriander powder – 3 tbsp (milagu kulambu podi)
Roasted chickpeas (pottu kadalai) – 1 tsp (very little)
Fennel seeds(sombu) – 1/2 tsp (very little)
Red chilies – 2
Curry leaves – 1 twig
1. Boil water and add soya chunks to it. Turn off the heat and leave it covered for 10-15 mins.
2. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil and saute the shallots. Next add roasted chickpeas and fennel seeds. Once the shallots are translucent add 3 tbsp of coriander powder and saute for a minute. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
3. Grind the shallots to paste. Add enough water.
4. Add this paste, chopped tomato and thoroughly squeezed soya chunks into a pressure cooker. Cook for 2-3 whistles.
5. Temper using mustard seeds, curry leaves and broken red chilies. Add this to the curry and let it boil for a while.