Hi friends….very glad to meet you after long break.
இரு தேவதைகளின் வரவினால் எங்கள் வீடும் ஆனதே சொர்க்கம்!!
What else can i say?!?! 🙂
Having two kids at home, you hardly find time to cook full meals. So this kind of quick nutritious dishes are very helpful. Try it out and lemme know. Sorry couldn’t get a photo for this recipe, will update soon.
Rice – 1 cup
Toor dhal – 1/4 cup
Bottle guard/ Soraikkai – Small (chop into big cubes)
Jeera – 1 tsp
Pepper – 1 tsp
Garlic – 4-5 pods
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Shallots – 4-5
Red chilies – 2-3
Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 big (finely chopped)
Coconut – grated 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Grind to coarse powder the following items: jeera, pepper, garlic, ginger,red chilies and shallots.
2. Grind the grated coconut to fine paste.
3.Take a pressure pan/cooker, add 2 tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves.
4. Add onion and saute till golden brown. Next add the coarsely ground powder. Add salt.
5. Next add chopped tomato. Once the tomatoes are crushed add the cubed bottle guard.
6. Add required amount of water and ground coconut paste.
7. Pressure cook to 2-3 whistles till done.
Enjoy the delicious dish.