Soya chunks – 1 cup (meal maker)
Shallots – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 medium size
Coriander powder – 3 tbsp (milagu kulambu podi)
Roasted chickpeas (pottu kadalai) – 1 tsp (very little)
Fennel seeds(sombu) – 1/2 tsp (very little)
Red chilies – 2
Curry leaves – 1 twig
1. Boil water and add soya chunks to it. Turn off the heat and leave it covered for 10-15 mins.
2. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil and saute the shallots. Next add roasted chickpeas and fennel seeds. Once the shallots are translucent add 3 tbsp of coriander powder and saute for a minute. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
3. Grind the shallots to paste. Add enough water.
4. Add this paste, chopped tomato and thoroughly squeezed soya chunks into a pressure cooker. Cook for 2-3 whistles.
5. Temper using mustard seeds, curry leaves and broken red chilies. Add this to the curry and let it boil for a while.
Hi friends….very glad to meet you after long break.
இரு தேவதைகளின் வரவினால் எங்கள் வீடும் ஆனதே சொர்க்கம்!!
What else can i say?!?! 🙂
Having two kids at home, you hardly find time to cook full meals. So this kind of quick nutritious dishes are very helpful. Try it out and lemme know. Sorry couldn’t get a photo for this recipe, will update soon.
Rice – 1 cup
Toor dhal – 1/4 cup
Bottle guard/ Soraikkai – Small (chop into big cubes)
Jeera – 1 tsp
Pepper – 1 tsp
Garlic – 4-5 pods
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Shallots – 4-5
Red chilies – 2-3
Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 big (finely chopped)
Coconut – grated 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Grind to coarse powder the following items: jeera, pepper, garlic, ginger,red chilies and shallots.
2. Grind the grated coconut to fine paste.
3.Take a pressure pan/cooker, add 2 tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves.
4. Add onion and saute till golden brown. Next add the coarsely ground powder. Add salt.
5. Next add chopped tomato. Once the tomatoes are crushed add the cubed bottle guard.
6. Add required amount of water and ground coconut paste.
7. Pressure cook to 2-3 whistles till done.
Enjoy the delicious dish.