When fall comes it brings along with it, the beautiful colors of the season.It is just amazing to see this wonderful transformation. This year there was not much rain through out our area and it is pretty sad to see the greens suffer.Here are my fall color samples…
Everyone knows the amount of cholesterol in eggs, i usually worry about this factor and want to find an option to replace this egg with something else , but may taste the same. Each time i prepare egg bhurjee, i use quite some number of eggs to make up the quantity.So here is a recipe where you have an option to prepare bhurjee with just one egg, yet you can prepare the same quantity and quality egg bhurjee.
Cauliflower – 1 medium size
Egg – 1 large size
Onion – 1 large size
Tomato – 2
Cilantro – 1 large bunch
Ginger – 1 tbs (finely grated)
Green chilies – 2-3
Chat masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Chili powder – 3/4 tsp
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tbs
Salt & Oil
1) Cook the cauliflower florets in salted water till they get mushy.Remove the florets and fork them down to fine crumbles.
2) In a pan, heat up some oil and add cumin seeds and onion.Saute till the onion gets translucent, next add the grated ginger.
3) Next you shall add some chopped green chilies and finely chopped tomatoes.
4) Cook till the tomato chunks are mashed. Next add chili powder, turmeric and chat masala powder.
5) Add few shots of tomato ketchup and freshly chopped cilantro.Add salt.
6) Next add mashed cauliflower and cook till the curry get mixed into the mashed florets.
7) Now move all the curry to outer edge of the pan and create some space in the middle to cook the egg.Add the egg and mix it non-stop till it gets a grainy texture.Now mix this egg with the rest of curry.
Enjoy the cauliflower egg bhurjee, actually I’m planning to call this dish “Diet egg bhurjee” 🙂
Last week we tried one of Bobby Flay’s (Food Network Chef) recipe , grilled chicken wings, it had turned out really yumm. You too can try this.Instead of grilling you may bake the chicken wings.