I’ve already posted a version of Black-eyed beans curry and this second version is from my sister.This dish is in our regular cuisine and is yummm….try it out.
Serves : 3-4 people
Black-eyed beans – 3/4 cup
Desiccated or Freshly grated coconut – 1/2 cup
tamarind extract – 1 cup (from small lime size ball)
Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
Green chilies – 4
sambar powder – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
1) Grind coconut to fine paste.
2) Pressure cook beans with some turmeric powder until well done.Use only appropriate amount of water for cooking the beans.(2-3 whistles)
3) In a pan, splutter mustard seeds,add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and green chilies.Next add onion and add salt, saute till it gets translucent.
4) Add tomato and sambar powder. Cook for a minute.
5) Add tamarind extract and ground coconut paste.
6) Cook covered for few minutes and in the end add the beans.Cook covered for few more minutes and it is done.
As simple as it can get…
Apple…Apple and more apples…when you go out to a store today ,you’ll find these lovely shiny colorful fruits lying everywhere.Have you ever tried eating apples with salt and pepper??? I tried this combination for the first time during my trip to Hartford last weekend.Cut apple into small cubes, toss ’em with salt and pepper…itz different and itz tasty.This is my fav afternoon snack these days.