Today’s lunch is this snake guard curry…the method i used to prepare wasn’t so tasty….so i tried some permutation and combination to come up with this one…this did taste good…so lemme share this with you all…
Chana dal – 3/4 cup
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Green chilies – 5-6
Urad Dal – 1 tbs
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbs
Sambar powder – 1 tbs
Onion/shallots – finely chopped 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – 1 stick
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Snake gourd – finely chopped 1/2 cup
1. Pressure cook chana dal with turmeric powder up to 4 times it releases the pressure.(chana dal : water = 1:3).Drain the remaining water after cooking.
2. Dry roast urad dal and cumin seeds. Grind urad dal, cumin seeds, coconut and 3 green chilies to paste.
3. In a pan, heat oil splutter mustard seeds, add curry leaves, remaining green chilies and chopped onion.
4. Add salt and saute till it gets translucent.Add snake gourd and saute till half cooked.
5. Add coconut paste, sambar powder and cook till the snake gourd is well done.
6. Add cooked chana dal and mix well.
Tasty kootu is ready.