Two weeks back we visited this store in Cincinnati called “Jungle Jims International Market”. This place was awesome and had almost products from all countries .Varieties of cheese, meat, wine, cigars and what not.I usually get this craving to try new fruits, so bought this fruit called Kiwano.It looked weird and tasted weird too.I was made to search google to find a better method to eat this fruit 😉
Not only Kiwano but also we found goat meat that had come all the way from Australia.Though lamb meat is common in our area, goat meat is seen rare.So here I’m with this wonderful mutton curry recipe.Enjoy!!
This recipe was given by one of my old project mate.This seems to have originated from Orissa.
Goat meat – 1 lb or 1/2 kg
Onion – Big 4-5 (need lots of onion, finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 1 stick
Cumin seeds – 1 tbs
Cardamom – 2
Clove – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Whole Peppercorn – 1 tsp
Green chilies – 2-4
Ginger & garlic paste – 2 tbs
Mix the following powders with water and make it into paste.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1 tbs
Corriander powder – 2 tbs
Note: tsp – teaspoon ; tbs – tablespoon
1) Take a pressure pan.Heat 3 tbs of oil.Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns and chopped green chilies.
2) Next add all the onion and saute till it gets translucent.
3) Add ginger & garlic paste.Saute till the raw smell is gone.
4) Now add goat meat,salt and required amount of water.
5) Add the masala powder paste and mix well.
6) Pressure cook the goat meat for 6-8 whistles.
This dish goes well with dosa, chapati and paratha.This has slight sweet taste and doesn’t go well with rice.