Does any one need introduction for masala vadai ?!?! So here you go…
Yellow split peas – 1.5 cups
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Cloves – 2-3
Fennel seeds – 1 tbs
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 4-5 big pods
Red chilies – 4 long ones
Green chilies – 4
Curry leaves – 1 stick
Onion – 1 small size
Cilantro – 1 handful
1) Soak the peas for 5-6 hrs, your vadai gets soft and tastier so far the peas soak.
2) Grind cinnamon,cloves,red chilies, ginger,garlic and fennel seeds. Do not add water while grinding.
3) Grind the peas and mix them with above ground spices.Again do not add water while grinding peas.
4) Finely chop all the other ingredients : green chilies, curry leaves, onion and cilantro.
5) Mix all the ground items and the finely chopped ingredients.Add required amount of salt.
6) Make balls and press them between your palms to make shell shaped vadai.Fry this in oil.
Tasty masala vadai thayaar!! This is one of the birthday treat for my hubby…