Recently i prepared puffs for my husband’s work place team picnic.
This one is made of Pepperidge farm puff pastry sheet.If you can’t find one probably you may try readymade paratha like Indira did. Hope this one makes a wonderful treat if you are missing indian puffs.
Puff pastry sheet
Onion – 1 medium size
Coriander powder – 1 tbs
Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tbs
Ketchup – 1-2 tbs
Egg – 1
1. Thaw the pastry sheet in microwave or by keeping it outside for 10-15 mins.
2. Heat a pan with 2 tbs oil.Add jeera, next add finely chopped onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Add corriander powder,chili powder,garam masala powder,curry masala powder.
4. Saute for 1-2 mins and add few shots of ketchup
5)The above mixture is the filling for any puffs , now you can make egg puffs or veggie puffs as per your choice.
6) Take an egg and beat it.Keep this aside for egg wash and to bind the edges.
7) Once the pastry sheet is thawed apply some all purpose flour and roll it thin.
8) Cut the pastry sheet as per the required size and place the filling in the lower middle portion.Apply egg on the edges and bind them together.
9) Apply egg wash on the top of each piece.This gives a rich golden color.
10) Preheat oven to 400F and bake the puffs for 15 mins. Metallic baking sheets work best for puffs.