This is strawberry season and i had never tried anything apart from strawberry milkshake. When you find fresh strawberries at Walmart you really can’t resist buying them.But what do you do other than eating raw? So why not try some syrup or jam to have with Waffle or Pancake.Last Saturday we had this typical English breakfast of pancake and strawberry syrup.
All purpose flour – 1& 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 3 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Sugar – 1 or 2 tablespoon
Egg – 1
Milk – 1 & 1/4 cup
Butter – 3 tablespoon (melted)
1) Sift flour,baking powder, salt and sugar together.
2) Melt butter in a pan and add milk when it is still warm.
3) Add the above mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.In the end add the egg.
4) Beat the batter well without any lumps.
5) Pour a ladle of batter to oil applied heated pan and turn when it turns golden brown.For non-stick pans you may use less oil.
Yummy pancake is ready!!
For Strawberry Syrup:
Strawberries – 1 lb (1/4 inch sliced)
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Orange Juice – 1/4 cup
Orange zest – 1 teaspoon
1) In a saucepan combine sugar, orange juice and orange zest.Bring it to boil.
2) Once sugar gets dissolved and the mixture is bubbling add the sliced strawberries.
3) Mix the strawberries well.Allow few more minutes till the strawberries get smashed along with other ingredients before turning off the heat.
You can serve this hot or cold.You may try this with pancake,waffle or on the side of the ice cream.