Beetroot – 1 (peeled and grated)
Onion – 1 small size
Green chilies – 2
Mustard seeds & Cumin seeds
Ginger – grated 1/2 teaspoon
Cilantro – to garnish
1) Heat 2 tbs of oil in a pan.
2) Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let them splutter.Next add curry leaves, finley chopped green chilies and onion.
3) Saute till the onion turns golden brown.Next add grated beetroot and cook with little amount of water.
4) Add required amount of salt.Once beetroot is cooked, keep the pan aside and allow it to cool.
5) Add yogurt and mix well.In the end add ginger and cilantro.
A very simple and nutritious dish is ready.This dish goes well with chapati and rice.