Chicken – 1 lb or 1/2 kg
Shallots – 1/2 lb (reserve few shallots for fry)
Peppercorn – 4-5
Red Chilies – 4-5 ( 3 for grinding , 2 for tempering)
Curry powder – 4-5 tbs
1) Heat oil in a pan and saute the chopped shallots. Keep aside few shallots for fry.(If you do not have enough shallots, you can try the combination of onion & shallot)
2) Add few peppercorns and red chilies.When the shallots are translucent turn off the heat. Add curry powder and saute using pan’s heat.
3) Grind the above contents to a fine paste. Keep aside 3 tbs of this paste for fry.
4) Pressure cook this mixture with enough water.(1-2 whistles)
5) Add chicken and again pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Take out the chicken required for fry.
6) Temper the gravy with mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilies.
1) In a separate pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilies.
2) Add few of the chopped shallots reserved for fry (step 1 in curry).
3) When they get translucent , add the 3 tbs of ground paste prepared for curry.(step 3 in curry)
4) Saute till the raw smell is gone.
5) Add curry chicken (step 5 in curry) and fry for a while, till the mixture blends with chicken.
Tasty chicken curry and fry are ready.
My sister’s son love this chicken curry and said “Yummy yummy chicken for my tummy!!” . This is a typical kongu nadu chicken curry and fry. Let me know if you have tried this recipe.Enjoy!!