I got some Italian sausage over the weekend just to make sausage biryani , got influenced due to “Daily Musings” recipe. It had come out really well.When i was wondering what should i do with the remaining links i remembered my mom’s recipe for Kothu kari (Ground Chicken/Meat). So why not try that on this.Here you go…
Ground Chicken/Meat or Italian Sausage – 1 lb
Fennel Seeds / Saunf – 1 tbs
Garlic & Ginger paste – 1-2 tbs
Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – finely chopped
Coriander powder – 2 tbs
Chili powder – 1 tbs
1) Take a pressure cooker, add some oil and saute fennel seeds,onion and curry leaves.Add salt.Saute till onion turns translucent.
2) Next add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell vanishes.
3) Add coriander powder and chili powder.
4) Remove the casing from sausage and add the meat/ground chicken to the sauteed items.
5) Saute for 2-3 minutes and add a cup of water.Pressure cook for 10-15 minutes.
Delicious kothu kari is ready.This goes well with rice and chapati.