Moong Dal /Paasi Paruppu- 1/2 Cup
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Vegetable chopped – 1 cup
(You may use bottle guard, ridge guard or eggplant, here i have used ridge guard)
Sambar powder – 1tbs
Onion – 1 small size
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilies – 4-5
1) Half cook moong dal with turmeric powder, for 1/2 cup dal you can use around 2 cups of water.Keep this aside
2) In a pan cook the vegetable with sambar powder, salt and water.
3) Once the vegetable is well cooked, add it to half cooked dal and cook for some more time, till the dal is fully cooked.
4) In a pan, heat the oil.Add Cumin seeds , curry leaves, green chilies, onion.Saute till the onion is golden brown.
5) Add the sauteed items to dal. Garnish with Cilantro.
Moong Dal curry is ready to be served.