Mixed vegetables (Carrots,Beans, Green peas – preferred, corn will make the kurma taste sweet)
Onion – 1 medium size
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 3 cloves
Cinnamon – 2 sticks
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 1
Poppy seeds – 1/2 tbs (Optional)
Coconut grated – 1/2 cup
Coriander powder – 2 tbs
Chilli powder – 1 tbs
Curry leaves (Optional)
1) Grind grated coconut, one cinnamon stick, poppy seeds, ginger and garlic into fine paste.
2) Heat oil in a pan and saute cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
3) Next saute finely chopped onion and curry leaves till onion gets translucent.
4) Add chopped vegetables , salt and ground paste. Saute for few minutes.
5) Next add coriander powder and chili powder, again saute for few minutes.
6) Add one cup of water and pressure cook till the first whistle.
7) Garnish with coriander leaves.
This dish goes well with chapati, pulav and paratha.