Okra – 5-8
Onion – 1 medium size
grated coconut – 1/2 cup
tomato – 2
cilantro – chopped 1/2 cup
Tamarind extract – 1 cup
Sambar powder – 1 tbs
turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds & Curry leaves for seasoning
1) Saute half portion of finely chopped onion till it becomes golden brown.Add grated coconut in the end and turn off the heat.
2) Grind the above items with tomato and cilantro leaves.
3) In a pan add 2 tbs of oil splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.Saute the remaining onion,slit green chilies and cut okra.
4) Once okra is well fried add the tamarind extract and boil for 1-2 minutes.
5) Next add some salt , tumeric powder and sambar powder. Cook for few minutes.
6) Finally add the ground paste and cook until it becomes thick.
Puzhikulambu is ready to be served with rice & vadagam.