This is one of the favorite snack made by my mom, so crunchy… so yummy!!
Rice flour – 2 cup (raw rice)
Roasted gram flour – 1 & 1/2 cup (Pottu kadalai maavu)
Ginger paste – 2 tbs
Garlic paste – 2 tbs
Onion – 1 small size
Green chilies – 5
Margarine or Butter – 1/2 stick or 4 tbs
To prepare flour:
i) Soak rice for 2 hours. Drain the water and grind the rice. Sieve the moist rice flour.
ii) Grind roasted gram and sieve the flour.
To prepare pakkoda:
1) Finely chop the onion, green chilies and curry leaves.
2) Mix all the ingredients together.
3) Heat around 4 cups of oil in a deep pan.
4) Sprinkle water to little portion of the mixture.
5) Knead the little portion and make pinches of dough as shown in the picture.
6) Once the oil is heated up, put these dough pinches and fry them till golden brown.
Here is the mouth watering end product.